The title of this phlog is stolen from Eric Hansen's book of the same name, which describes his adventures in Yemen long before my time there. I used his book as a reference in planning my trip. My current employer and inability to write as well both prohibit me from offering the same quality of narrative as in his book, so this site is instead intended to help me share my photos with friends, family and fellow travelers. Enjoy!

Search

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Kyiv

I found both the weather and the people in Kyiv to be cold, but part of that is probably my bias against expensive places. The churches were beautiful, but the Soviet-ness and fondness for weapons was just a little creepy. Several of the very few people actually willing to talk to me lamented that "at least food was affordable" under the Soviets. I didn't stay long.